I read a blog post yesterday where a runner asked people to respond with the reasons why they run. It made me think about why I like to run. So I made my own list:
- It burns more calories than almost any other cardio activity.
- It gives me time alone with my thoughts.
- I love the way I feel after I run.
- I love to sweat!
- I can listen to really loud fast music.
- Its impossible to be angry after a good run.
- It makes me feel strong and accomplished.
- Because I can!
- Because so many others can’t/don’t.
- It takes me away from the frustration, stress and responsibility of the day.
- I like to see how far/fast I can push myself.
- I like seeing how far I’ve come.
- I like the way it makes my thighs look.
- To be a role model for my friends and family, but most importantly for my son.
I felt so motivated to run after I made my list that I signed up for my first 5K. It will be on September 19th and will benefit the Big Brother/Big Sister organization. I’m so excited!