“Long” Run and Date Night

Today was my scheduled 9-miler long run. I haven’t had a good long run in several weeks, so I thought I might try to do 10 miles today instead of 9. I got off work this morning and got to bed about 8:00, I woke up several times throughout the day and finally got up for good at 2:00. My throat was sore when I woke up, but I knew it would probably feel better once I got up and got going. Tim and I decided to try a new location for our run, he’s actually been to the spot before but I haven’t.

I was excited to be able to wear one of my new Bondi Bands for my run today. Unfortunately I still think they look pretty stupid on me though. 😦


The road we ran down was mostly dirt. There was some asphalt at the beginning and end, but the majority of the distance was dirt. At first I really enjoyed the new route. There were cows in the field on the side of the road and there was plenty of shade to make the 82 degree day not seem quite as hot.

About a mile into the run I saw a huge set of bones on the side of the road. I immediately recognized a rib cage and at first glance I thought it was a HUMAN! It turned out to be just a large dog, but still … gross.

I made it to the end of the road (about 2.3 miles) and turned around. On the way back a car approached me … I waved. Then the car slowed down and stopped beside me. This has now happened to me twice on runs, and it totally freaks me out. I don’t know if the driver was trying to ask me a question or what, but I think there is no excuse to ever stop a woman on the side of the road for any reason. PERIOD! I kept running and the car drove off, thankfully.

I spotted something on the road ahead of me and when I got close enough I noticed it was a huge snake curled up in the middle of the road. I stopped dead in my tracks trying to decide what to do. I finally backed up and then sprinted past the snake, but it really freaked me out. Snakes are not my friend! About a mile further down the road I ran into another snake. This one was much smaller but he was moving and I almost stepped on him.

I realized about 3 miles into the run that I had forgotten my water bottle in the car and I was starting to get really thirsty. I was able to make it through 5 miles of the run and then I began feeling very weak. I stopped at my car for a drink and attempted to keep going. Between mile 5 and 6 I had to stop twice to walk. I actually felt really strange like I might pass out. I went back to the car … sat down, cooled off, drank some water and then willed myself to complete atleast 1 more mile.


I finished 7.04 miles in 1 hr 2 mins. An 8:45 average pace. That does not include stopped time or walking time.

I’m really disappointed that yet again I was not able to finish my intended distance. There are several factors that may have contributed to this however: tired from working three 12 hour shifts, dehydration, 82 degree weather, not eating anything all day except a granola bar and waking up with a sore throat. I set myself up for failure with all these things working against me.

Hubby and I planned a date night for tonight, so we dropped the toddler off at grandma’s house and headed out to a new restaurant that we’ve been wanting to try for a while.


We ordered the polenta and wild mushroom appetizer, a salad to share and a Forenza pizza. We also ordered a bottle of wine.

Our salad came first. It was ok, not spectacular.


Next came our pizza. No appetizer. Turns out the waitress forgot to put in the order for our appetizer. It is one of my major pet peeves when the entree comes before the appetizer, so we just told her to forget it.

The Forenza pizza was suppose to include: goat cheese, carmelized onions, and roasted tomatoes.



The onions were most definitely not carmelized and the goat cheese (if that is even what it was) was extremely bland. It wasn’t bad, but most definitely not impressive.

I drank most of the bottle of wine and was giddy though.



We shared a chocolate truffle cake for dessert.

I was expecting something more impressive for $8.


Overall it was a completely mediocre meal. I don’t think we’ll be going back to SaZa anytime soon.

Time for bed. Have a great night!


Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s