Today ends my week’s worth of cooking. I’m back to work tonight and the family will be eating leftovers for the next 3 nights. Thankfully my husband will eat pretty much anything and doesn’t complain and the toddler eats pretty much nothing. So its win, win.
For my meals this week I tried to plan budget friendly recipes that were different enough from each other to stay interesting but used a lot of the same ingredients in different ways. I also made a point to eat from my pantry items as much as possible.
My husband has promised me that this weekend he is going to start turning our garage into a stockpile room for me.
I want this:
That looks like a little piece of heaven to me!
My meals this week included:
Stuffed Bell Peppers
BBQ chicken breasts and veggies
Lentils with Baked Eggs <—didn’t like
White Chili <— OMG kind of good.
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Corn and Chilies.
Today I rounded it out by making a really easy quiche recipe.
I made 2, one for now and one to freeze for later.
Ham & Swiss Quiche
Ingredients for 2 Quiches:
- Frozen Pie Crust (2 pack)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute (or you could use 7 eggs)
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 8 oz deli sliced ham chopped (I used a little more, but it was a bit too much)
- 4-5 oz of Swiss cheese shredded or chopped (I used leftover slices and chopped them)
- 3 Tbsp flour
- Pinch of salt, pepper and ground nutmeg.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Whish all ingredients together.
- Pour into pie crusts
- Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
I served mine with roasted vegetables. And now I have a 2nd quiche to freeze for a meal in a couple of weeks.