I have been absolutely craving lettuce wraps for the past couple of weeks. I went to Birmingham recently to visit a friend and had some amazing wraps at a restaurant there called Stix. My friend Vanessa and I couldn’t decide between the Lettuce Wraps on the menu and the Cabbage Wraps. So we got both. I’m still not sure which ones I liked better, they were both so good.
Last night for dinner I decided to try my hand at recreating my own lettuce wraps. I used this recipe as a guide.
- 1 pound very lean ground beef
- head of lettuce
- 1 bag of broccoli slaw (not in original recipe, wanted to add more texture and veggies)
- 1 large onion chopped
- green onion, chopped
- Soy sauce, white wine vinger, hoisin sauce, ponzu sauce.
1. Brown ground beef and cook onions together.
2. Steam broccoli slaw in the microwave in 1 tablespoon of water, in a microwaveable container with lid just slightly open on one corner.
3. Add sauces to beef mixture. I didn’t measure anything of course, but I will say that I added mostly soy and hoisin sauce and just a splash of vinegar, thai chili sauce and ponzu.
4. Tear lettuce leaves and serve alongside beef mixture.
I topped my beef mixture with crunchy chow mein noodles. It was perfect!