This is what I get for posting my blog before I ate dinner, but this was definitely blogworthy so I’m back.
This was my pre-birthday dinner to myself. Since I won’t be consuming cake this year … or wine, I splurged on a few high quality grass-fed local steaks. This one was a New York Strip and was actually only $7. I’m saving the $20 Ribeye for tomorrow night.
- Bring steak to room temperature. I left mine out on the counter while I went to the gym tonight.
- Heat oven to broil and place cast iron grill pan in it.
- Heat burner to high heat.
- Put a little oil on the steak and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Take the grill pan out of the oven and place on burner, cook steaks on each side for 30 seconds.
- Return pan to oven and cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Let steak rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
I ate every last bite.