In all honesty, I found myself in this situation a couple days ago …
No regrets, it was necessary.
Obviously that erased the Whole30 thing though, but since red wine is Paleo-friendly I’m just transitioning the challenge to Paleo30. That actually sounds a whole lot more fun anyway.
Tim and I are going out of town this weekend for the Louisiana Half Marathon and we are going alone. I was already kind of debating going out for a nice date night and eating Paleo, but having a couple of drinks. So this makes that decision easier, and guilt-free.
On another note, I’ve got an original recipe for you guys. She ain’t pretty, but she’s tasty.
Paleo Shepherd’s Pie
1 – 1.5 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion – diced
3 medium zucchini – diced
2 large sweet potatoes – peeled, boiled and mashed
1 jar all natural spaghetti sauce with no sugar (I used Bove’s Roasted Garlic)
- Sauté onion and diced zucchini about 5 minutes in 1 Tbsp coconut oil.
- Add ground beef to pan and brown thoroughly.
- Mix in jar of spaghetti sauce.
- Spread mixture into 9×13 casserole dish and top with mashed sweet potatoes.
- Bake in 350 degree oven covered for 30 minutes, remove cover and bake 10 more minutes.
Makes 6 large servings.