I have literally fantasized over this recipe all.damn.day.
I have been digging brussel sprouts lately, in a big way. So I went scouring Pinterest a few days ago and found this picture. I’ve been obsessing over it ever since.
And then this:
With these 2 ideas in mind, I created a combination of the recipes:
First the salad:
- 2 Cups Shredded (on a mandoline, or thinly sliced with a knife) Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Almond Slivers
- 2 Tbsp Finely Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- Balsamic Vinaigrette to dress.
or you could get fancy smancy and make your own Strawberry Poppyseed Vinaigrette. It’s not hard, I swear.
Mix all that stuff together. Done.
Pecan Crusted Cod
- 2 Cod Fillets
- 1/4 Cup Pecans
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Eggs
- Whisk together eggs and place in one bowl.
- Pulse pecans in food processor to a fine texture, but don’t make pecan butter please 🙂 … mix pecans with coconut flour and place in 2nd bowl for dredging.
- Dredge cod fillets in egg and then in flour mixture and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake Cod at 350 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes. Top with or serve along side salad.